Thursday, 17 April 2014

The Art of being Thrifty

Hello hi how ya doin’. Apologies to start this blog on such an opinionated footing, but here goes: Fashion can be thrifty.
I will let you into a little secret: I am an avid charity shop fan, and when I say avid, I mean a good 60% of my wardrobe is from those musty, disorganised, wonderful little shops. The truth of the matter is, many “high fashion” trends can be found in charity shops, namely the two-piece combo which everyone is raving about. 
My inspiration for this little rant is ASOS. Not just ASOS, but ASOS Marketplace, the hub for budding hipsters and style-savvy fashion hunters. Whilst perusing the site, I saw this: 

Here, from the alternative and ‘thrifty’ ebay equivalent, we see combo upon combo of various prices, from £35 UPWARDS. Does anyone else think this pricing is excessive? I firmly believe you can follow high street trends and explore fashion trends even more if you give charity shops a go. I have it on good authority (I did it myself) that you can get a good quality two-piece from a charity shop for a measly £5. Now if that’s not thrifty, I don’t know what is.
Let me know your thoughts - do you champion the charity shop? 
See y’all soon 
Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment